A partnership between ECTRI and NEARCTIS core group has been approved to create a Thematic Group (TG) within ECTRI dealing with Traffic Management (traffic modeling, traffic control, communication and positioning technologies, integration of cooperative systems). This TG is open to all ECTRI members.
Imprimer cette pageFlux RSS des actualités dans une nouvelle fenêtrehttps://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https://nearctis.ifsttar.fr/nearctis-vce/traffic-management-thematic-group/scope-and-goals&display=popup&ref=plugin&src=like&kid_directed_site=0&app_id=113869198637480https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https://nearctis.ifsttar.fr/nearctis-vce/traffic-management-thematic-group/scope-and-goalshttps://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&url=https://nearctis.ifsttar.fr/nearctis-vce/traffic-management-thematic-group/scope-and-goals
Scope and Goals
TG on Traffic management
The scope of the thematic group on Traffic Management is the following:
- Inputs elaboration for EU roadmap and definition of future research priorities, reflection on JRIs, and dedicated structured contributions to other platforms and relevant committees in this area.
- Promotion of collaborations among members and serving as an incubator for setting new EU projects (Marie-Curie ITN, RIA or support actions…) and liaises with relevant platforms.
- Communication and positioning technologies
- Education & Training through organization of scientific workshops and conferences and promotion of dissemination of research results through training schools.
Kick Off Meeting Thematic Group
The Traffic Management Kick-off took place in Brussels, the May 18th 2015.
During this well attended meeting, Nour-Eddin El Faouzi (the Chair of NEARCTIS VCE) and Caroline Almeras (the ECTRI Secretary General) introduced the meeting and Nour-Eddin presented the creation process of this NEARCTIS Thematic Group (TG) and its integration in ECTRI as a new TG. Caroline further presents the ECTRI guidelines for TG functioning.
During this meeting the Group Moderator and the three Rapporteurs have been endorsed as follows:
- Pierre-Yves Gillieron (EPFL) is endorsed as Moderator
- Wolfgang Ponweiser (AIT) is endorsed as Rapporteur for Objective 1 (define research topics of interest for influencing EC policies and programmes)
- Juliette Renaud (IFSTTAR) is endorsed as Rapporteur for Objective 2 (Increase successful participation in EU projects)
- Winnie Daamen (TUD) is endorsed as rapporteur for Objective 3 (Provide a platform for networking and exchanges)